Timeless trend? Yes, it’s a thing.
In the second of this series on timeless trends I thought I’d take a moment to clarify the difference between a ‘timeless trend’ and a ‘classic’. Allow me to be clear – a classic is never ‘out of style’ however it’s also never ‘in fashion’. When we say ‘timeless trend’ however, we’re talking about something that is repeatedly declared to be ‘on trend’ however is never really passé. For example, you’re unlikely to read that the humble white shirt is having a moment this season, but many of us would be lost without one or three in our wardrobes. Striped sailor tees, trench coats, ballet flats – all classics.
Today, we’re calling florals as a timeless trend. Whether you take yours head-to-toe, clashing, minimal or oversized, they deserve an ongoing spot in your wardrobe. As evidence we submit to you a gallery of street style and archive shots illustrating the ongoing on-trend nature of this print…
If you’re feeling the power of the petal, there are many, many items for you to choose from – our edit below. Start small with a textural print or jump right in with multiple florals in the one look. Either way, this print is here to stay.
1. Marni floral tote – $278.62 AUD
2. ASOS necktie with photographic floral print – $15.84 AUD
3. MSGM floral canvas biker jacket – $620.00 AUD
4. House of Holland bright pink lace cap – $71.72 AUD
7. J.Crew collection silk gazar top in overblown floral – $586.60 AUD
8. Red Valentino pleated floral print skirt – $398.62 AUD
9. Zjoosh peacock silk print scarf – $79.95 AUD
10. Mother of Pearl rhea floral print silk trousers – $561.00 AUD