Timeless trend? Eh? It sounds like an oxymoron, doesn’t it? Well, having spent a far more-than-reasonable amount of time poring over fashion blogs, websites, magazines and press releases, we think we’ve identified several “trends” that just don’t die. That is, almost each and every season without fail they just keep cropping up in one form or another.
In this – the first of our new series on timeless trends – we propose that checks are a forever print.
Whether you take yours as a box check, grid, tartan or gingham, this is a print for everyone, every season. Men, women, preppy, minimalist, eclectic, fashion-forward, deconstructed, it’s a go-anywhere, do-anything trend. Don’t believe us? Here, we’ve collated a gallery of street style (and a few archive) shots showing how this print just keeps going and going.
Want in on the action? Here’s our selection of check pieces available right now, but trust us… there are lots more where these came from.
- Next black check mesh dress – £68.00
- J.Crew metallic gingham iPhone cover – $43.30 AUD
- Tory Burch chunky gingham ring – £52.71
- Finders Keepers ‘Star Eyes’ tee – $143.00 USD
- Versace gingham baroque shirt – $961.00 AUD
- Whistles ‘Chalk Check’ sequin trouser – £95.00
- Miu Miu checked wool-blend sweater – $864.83
- Burberry Brit lapis blue cotton gingham shirt – $233.33 AUD
- Mary Katrantzou ‘Foli’ rose print leggings – € 360.00
- Topshop blurry check pencil skirt – £40.00