To coincide with Australia Day (the 26th of January for all you non-Australian readers out there), Booking.com have unveiled the top 10 Australian experiences, as determined by traveller reviews. So without further ado… the ten most recommended experiences are:
1. Snorkelling the Great Barrier Reef
2. Driving the Great Ocean Road (image by ccdoh1 on Flickr)
3. Shopping in Melbourne (image by Angela Rutherford on Flickr)
4. Visiting a wildlife park (image by lucockeh on Flickr)
5. Seeing the Sydney Opera House (image by John Davey2011 on Flickr)
6. Riding a ferry in Sydney (image by x1r8 on Flickr)
7. Visiting Kakadu National Park (image by Richie Rich4 on Flickr)
8. Seeing Sydney’s Royal Botanical Gardens (image by ibbyhusseini on Flickr)
9. Shopping in Sydney (image by Christopher Chan on Flickr)
10. Riding the adventure at a Gold Coast theme park (image by StephenK1977 on Flickr)
Aussie experiences that also made the top 50 include watching an AFL game, taking a surf lesson, going on a bush walk, stocking up at the Queen Victoria Market and seeing the 12 Apostles.
Readers: do you think they got it right? What would you add (or subtract!)?