Squarely in the category of ‘don’t knock it ’til you try it’ is our current obsession and soon to be yours… the printed pant. Now many a novice will declare it to be unflattering to wear something so dramatic on the lower half of your body, but rest assured the devil (and delight) is in the detail. The right print and the right cut equates to legs that go on forever and the kind of style cachet usually reserved for editors, a-listers and other front-rowers. Remember though: fit first. Worried about width? Hunt out darker base prints and avoid horizontal patterns.
In no particular order our current favourites are…
- J.Crew cafe capri in ‘animal jacquard’. An Audrey Hepburn fit with animal print. £200.00 at Net-A-Porter.
- J.Crew printed silk paisley pant. A little of that pyjama trend meets a whole lotta luxe. £328.00 via Net-A-Porter.
- Proenza Schouler ‘leaf print’ trousers. Hidden zippers for an ultra slim fit around the ankles. £495.00 via MyTheresa.
- Clover Canyon jersey tapered pants. A little bit sports luxe and a little bit digital print adds up to a whole lot of fun. £275.00 through Net-A-Porter.
- Mother ‘The Looker’ jean with a small floral print. £126.00 through MyTheresa.
- Mother ‘The Looker’ (again, yes). This time with a larger floral print! Perfect for well… everywhere. $192.50USD at ShopBop.
- Carven purple and gold printed trousers. Seriously, you could wear these to the office with a blazer. Genius! $219.00USD via SSense.